- 125g unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 225g (1½ cups) plain flour
- 5g baking powder
- 170g regular pink marshmallows
- 30ml water, at room temperature
- 40g icing sugar
Jam and Coconut
- 170g raspberry jam
- 30g desiccated coconut, extra if needed
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a large baking tray baking paper
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened butter and beat for a few seconds to break it up
- Add sugar and beat for 1 minute until pale and creamy
- Add the egg and beat until incorporated, about 10 seconds
- Sift over flour and baking powder
- Beat until combined and mixture begins to form a soft crumbly dough
- Lightly flour your bench top or a large board, then transfer the dough onto the floured surface and lightly knead to bring it together
- Using a lightly dusted a rolling pin with flour, roll out the dough into a large circle that is about half a centimetre in thickness
- Take a rectangle cookie cutter or pizza/pastry wheel and cut out biscuits.
- Place on the lined tray, leaving a small gap between each biscuit.
- Repeat with remaining dough
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium-sized pot, add marshmallows and water
- Place over a low-medium heat and gently melt, stirring occasionally
- Keep mixing marshmallows until completely melted and smooth (about 5-10 minutes)
- Turn off heat, add icing sugar, and mix until well combined. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to cool down and thicken up to a spreadable consistency
- Take a butter knife and spread about 1 teaspoon worth of marshmallow icing onto a cooled biscuit. Repeat with remaining biscuits
- Set biscuits aside for 10 minutes to allow the icing to firm up slightly.
Jam and Coconut
- Place jam in a piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle and pipe jam down the centre of each biscuit. Alternatively, spread jam down the centre of each biscuit using a teaspoon.
- Sprinkle coconut over each biscuit.
- Set aside to set. (the marshmallow icing won’t harden, and it will remain a little tacky)
Makes approximately 30 biscuits