Skip to content
Homemade Apple Cider
- 10 medium apples, quartered
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 sticks cinnamon, or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- Place quartered apples in a large stockpot and add enough water to cover the apples by approximately 5cm or 2 inches when apples are submerged by pushing them down. (apples will float.)
- Stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and allspice. Bring to the boil and continue to boil, uncovered, for an hour.
- After boiling, cover the pot, reduce heat, and simmer for a further 2 hours.
- After simmering, let the mixture cool a bit before straining it into a bowl through a cheesecloth, coffee filter paper or fine-mesh sieve, gently pressing down on the solids. Discard solids and drain the liquid one more time through the filter.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Sign up to our newsletter