- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 extra large egg whites
- 250g fruits (includes strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, passionfruit)
- 120g whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 120°C (100°C fan-forced). Line a large baking tray with baking paper, drawing a 20cm circle on the paper.
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar into the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until firm peaks have formed.
- Gradually add sugar a little at a time, until all has been incorporated. Continue beating for 2 minutes once all of the sugar has been added.
- Reduce mixer to slow speed and add cornflour, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon mixture onto baking paper and spread within the circle.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours and turn oven off.
- Leave pavlova to cool in the oven.
- Serve with whipped cream and seasonal fruits of your choice.